HIPPY is supported by research that shows that children’s most powerful learning comes from their family, and that getting a strong start at school sets children up for life.
This program is a two-year, home based early learning program that empowers parents and carers as their child’s first teacher. It is a free program that helps children make a successful transition to school and beyond.
In the first year, families learn skills to get their children ready for school. In the second year, parents learn more about supporting their children’s learning and development at school and at home.
HIPPY supports parents to deliver a structured 60-week curriculum of learning activities, designed to make children ‘school-ready’ and develop a love of learning which will last a lifetime.
Activities and storybooks are fun and educational, and are aligned to the Australian Early Years Framework and National Quality Standards (NQS).
About HIPPY Australia BUNBURY-COLLIE
HIPPY asks parents to work 10-15 minutes a day doing educational activities with their children. A trained HIPPY tutor meets with the family weekly or fortnightly to practice HIPPY activities.
So, what are the benefits of HIPPY?
- The program helps parents as their child’s first teacher
- Helps children to be ready for school
- Builds Self-esteem and confidence
- Families have fun learning together
- Strengthens links to the community
What do families get?
- Free HIPPY storybooks and activity packs
- A regular time with a HIPPY tutor
- Invitations to community events and HIPPY group meetings
- Training and learning opportunities